The days of Ruth Esther

Our little sunshine Ruth is such a sweet little one year old. Although, at times, 2 tries to creep in and we are shoo-ing it away. God knows...he gives us those first 18-24 months to be completely smitten with the child so that you are ready for 2!!

Little Ruth is starting to climb on things....including the end tables in our living room. She is thrilled with herself...of course!
....and she's climbing into the rocking chair too. If I ever hear a big thud from her bedroom, I know she's successfully gotten out of the chair, but not very gracefully!

I wanted to have a little fun and post a pic of Reagan and Ruth wearing the same dress, and the same 'do. Reagan wore this dress for her 1 year pics, and I find such delight in revisiting all her clothes I loved so much the first time around!

I hunted and hunted for the cd of these pics of Reagan to no avail yesterday, so I had to make do with scanning a hard copy. You get the idea, though....

do they look alike??


I am just amazed at how smart a little one year old can be. I've been teaching Ruth some sign lanugage as of late, and she's really starting to pick it up now, which is always so exciting for me. We started with more and all done, recently adding milk to the list. And over the weekend, I was thrilled to see her almost instantly pick up on please. Cuts down on the screaming and is OH so helpful. She is still not really walking, but I've seen her take 5-10 steps at a time. She is being rather cautious and that's okay for now. Most humorous is her crawling which sometimes takes on a crab walk, on 2 hands and 2 feet. I think this adaptation came while trying to crawl with all the dresses she wears....it's cute nonetheless. She will walk when she's ready!


I'm off to busy myself since I have some down time. Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts