Boston part one

Reagan's last day of school was Wednesday and Thursday we left for a Girls Weekend in Boston. Reagan, Ruth and I left Thursday around 2:30, with our supposed arrival time of 6:30. We were planning on dinner in Boston with Jody, Jeff and fam. All the major storms that swept through here on Wednesday were making their way out east, and we made it to Baltimore, and actually even boarded for Boston when the weather alert came through and they got us off the plane. From 4:30 onward, we received "updates" every half hour which merely consisted of "you will recieve your next update in a 1/2 hour". Very helpful, you see. We just decided to have a good attitude about it, the kids were fantastic!! They scurried us on the plane shortly after 8 stating that if we didn't depart by 8:30, the flight attendants would "time out" and we wouldn't be able to leave at all. While sitting on the plane, said storm then swept through Baltimore, with pouring rain, winds, lightning etc. This closed the Baltimore gates, while we sat on the plane rocking to and fro with the wind. We finally left around 9:30 p.m. and arrived in Boston around 11 p.m. It was a long day, but the kids were so good, we just decided to make the best of it!

Honestly, so many people offered so much help to me that day...I was so grateful (who says easterners aren't friendly?). Many commented on how good my children were and how I "had my hands full". I had to laugh and tell them I had another one at home, this was nothing, really!! I was thankful for those warm fuzzies....God knows that's my love language and sent a few words my way!!

We had plans for the beach on Friday, and Jody was unsure what we'd be up for with arriving so late...but we didn't have time to sleep all day, so off we went. And we were rewarded with a beautiful day at the beach. Welcome to the East Coast!!




Ruthie loved the beach and sand...what a trooper she was the entire time!

Reagan and I collected quite a few shells to bring home for Bryce to see. The tide was out, so they were plentiful and large. She had a blast discovering the ocean. We even picked up some live snails to take a peek at them too.

Some beautiful garden grounds near the beach....keep reading on, I'll explain in the next post.

Comments

Popular Posts