Zooming through December

Once I hit Thanksgiving, it just seems to move into fast forward. So many fun activities, parties and fun to enjoy. Reagan had her last week of ballet last week...and we got to go into class to see what they've been up to so far. Here's Reagan with her friend Jayden. I can really tell an advancement in their skills this year, she's in Beginning Ballet.
As kind of an extension of the end of ballet, I took Reagan to see the Nutcracker again. It is a school performance, so I'm able to score tickets for $5. It's only a 45 min production and the music is canned, but Reagan was on the edge of her seat enjoying every minute. I think by next year, she will be ready for the real thing at night.
Here's my beautiful mantle in our new home. It's been fun decorating a new space this year. I had a little help from my friend too...we had Jason's work party at our home Friday night, so her assistance was invaluable!
In addition to readying the house for the party, I took a little trip down pink eye lane. That was a blast! I've had a cold and I noticed my eye was all "pink" on Wednesday, but didn't think much of it until I was about to leave for church and work in the nursery (yes, touch other people's children!!). I started to google eye infections...and I pretty much figured out I had the dreaded pink eye and church was probably not a good decision. By Wednesday morning, my eye had swelled all the way shut and during the day it stayed half shut too....Jason said I looked like Sid's scary toy from Toy Story with the baby doll head and mechanical legs. I had to turn down a cookie exchange in the neighborhood I was really looking forward to (I think Jason was more upset about not getting all the cookies!!). But I'm feeling much better cold-wise and my eye looks rather normal. Bryce has had a terrible cold for a couple weeks now too....so I'm just going to look on the bright side that we're all going to be healthy for Christmas.

And last but not least...here is my newest decoration on my wall at home. I have had this wall art for quite a while and was waiting for a good pic of the 3 kids. I absolutely LOVE it!
Well, I'm going to keep moving today, but wanted to give a quick update as we ready ourselves and our hearts for Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts