Deck the Halls

This year we ventured out to a Tree Farm, intending to cut down our own tree. Since we've moved into a more "country" area of town, we thought we'd get the true experience.
You can see little Bryce's head down at the bottom; Reagan was not up for the pic.
We had great intentions, and trudged through much of the farm, but did end up picking out one that was already cut....maybe next year! It's a beautiful tree and Jason did a great job picking it out!
I got to make a visit at one of my favorite places, the not-so urgent care. Reagan woke up at 6:30 Saturday morning with ear pain.... she has an ear infection AND strep throat. Oh the joy. She's on medicine and doing great; she is no longer contagious and even went to church this morning. This is the first ear infection for any of the kids, in 5 1/2 years, so I'm glad to have gone unscathed for that long! She has bounced back very well and will be so excited for school tomorrow.
I'm super excited for school tomorrow too, because I'm going to be the "Mystery Guest Reader". Every Monday they have one...and Reagan has been begging me to be one. Of course, unbeknownst to her, I'm scheduled for Monday and I'm thrilled to come. AND I get to read a Christmas book since it's December, so I'm going to be reading the Pine Tree Parable. I can't wait to see the delight on her face when I show up tomorrow afternoon. Since the school is practically next door, a kind neighbor is going to watch Bryce and Ruth while I run up there.
Well, I'm off to rest on my Sunday....have a great great week!

Comments

Popular Posts