Reagan is paci-free!!!!!

Yes, you have read right. We have finally ditched the paci with Reagan. I tried a few months ago pre-Bryce, but it was EXTREMELY unsuccessful. 2+ hours of crying and I had had it! She just used it in bed, but Jason and I were being awoken in the middle of the night to fetch it out of her bed...wherever in the world it had fallen.
So, on Friday, I took Reagan to Target to purchase a Dora clock for her bedroom, and she had to "pay" for the clock with her paci. Once we got home, she went upstairs and brought it to me in exchange for the clock. I have told her I threw it away, and all has gone well. I bought other treats and every time she woke up from a nap/evening without her paci, she was able to pick a treat from the basket. We have been paci free since nap on Friday, so I'm counting this as a success. She sometimes asks for it, but it is short-lived and she's doing great! Yippee for us...now I just have to try to get her potty trained...next destination.


Keep reading for other posts...I've been post happy the past few days!! jaime

Comments

aimeeson99 said…
Congrats on getting Reagan paci-free! Shelby was so easy to break, but I think Sarah will be a tough one. She is down to having it only at bedtime as well, but she really loves it then. Be patient with the potty, it will come. I love reading about your adventures with your newly expanded family!
Love, Aimee
Happi said…
Good for her! We aren't ready to tackle that yet with Caden. I don't have the heart to do it yet, because he's still so little and is comforted by it. The pediatrician told me I needed to do it and I was like, "he's not even two yet!!!" Obviously, I didn't listen. Imagine that. ;)
Have a great day!
Happi
P.S. How's teaching going?
Christine said…
Hip-Hip Harray! We called them "tissies". Logan kept biting through the tissy and we told him that once they were all broken there were no more at the store. One day the last one broke and he said, "It's broken." And it was as simple as that. The tissy was broken and he put it on the counter and it is still in the bottom of the utensil holder.
Anonymous said…
I so enjoy seeing the new pictures and hearing about your adventures being a mommy. I especially liked the pudding story...where's the picture for that one? All those things will be funny in about 10 years, so write them up and keep them in your book of precious memories. Love to you all, Linda Swinter

Popular Posts