A New Normal

We are blessed here at the Hall house to now be a family of 4! Bryce is a sweet baby and we are all adjusting well to life with a newborn. Bryce gave me two 4 hour stretches last night, so that was glorious! The morning always seems to arrive quickly, but I love so many things about the newborn stage...and I know before I know it it will be gone!
I can already tell he is having more alert times, and starting to move his arms more and more when he's awake (and trying to feed!). Bryce went to the doctor on Tuesday (1 week old!), and he's nearly regained his birthweight after 1 week. Doctors look for them to be back to that weight by 2 weeks, so he's obviously getting enough to eat. He was 9 lbs. 7 oz, and 22 3/4 inches long. The nurse even came back into measure him a second time because he measured so long!! No wonder I was so uncomfortable at the end!

My mom left yesterday morning and it was a sad goodbye....in addition to my hormones gone crazy, she was such a great help with Reagan and with Bryce, not to mention the housework and cooking. What a blessing to have her here and share this special time in our lives. Thanks so much mom!! Now comes the real work for me, trying to juggle hubby, kids, home, and cooking. I am slated to start back teaching next week, so this will be interesting to see how I can put all this together. My students are very understanding, though, so I appreciate that, and we'll see how everything goes. My day consists of watching the clock, diapers, and feedings, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. One blessed mama,
Jaime


Comments

Happi said…
Awww..Jaime, he's so cute. What a doll! I know the new normal thing, and the pressure you can sometimes feel going back to teaching (wow, you're brave to start back so soon!). Just remember, he comes first, the student can wait. I know that's hard to put into practice, but I've had to do it many, many times. People simply have to understand! Do you have help with the kids? It sounds like your students and parents will be understanding. That's a blessing in of itself.
If you need to talk, I'm here!
Love you,
Hap
Anonymous said…
JAMES!!!
Congrats on your precious little boy! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Boy does he look like Jason! Keep posting the photos- I love to see the updates!
Nick

Popular Posts