Welcome 2009!

Happy New Year! It's hard to believe that 2009 is already here...and Bryce's 1st Birthday is right around the corner! We had a wonderful Christmas at home with my parents. It went by in a flash, and we were very busy, but still wonderful. We all ran ourselves ragged sick by the end of the week, so I'm still recovering from that!
I was so excited about Reagan's gift from us this year; her very own Bitty Baby. As part of my shopping spree I won I bought this beautiful dress with a matching doll dress, so she was completely decked out for Christmas.
Bryce had a John Deere Christmas. Here is a little tot tractor he got from my cousin and aunt/uncle. He loves to sit on it, and I'm sure soon will be scooting all over the place in it. Poor little Bryce woke up with pink eye Christmas morning. Thankfully, my sister being a PA really came in handy as she was able to call in a script for us to help clear that up! Bryce is a great sick baby though, hardly ever complains and sleeps well through it all.
Here is another matching outfit for the Bitty Baby. The dress was handed down to me and I went on eBay and purchased the matching doll outfit. She looked absolutely adorable. This was for my cousin's baby shower we threw on Saturday. Reagan was so excited to get to stay for the "girls" party. Daddy, Grandpa, even Bryce were leaving, and only girls could stay.
The excitement proved to be a little too much to handle as every guest was greeted with Reagan sleeping (like a lady, of course) on my mom's couch. With 30+ women in my mom's home, she continued the snooze and it took many continued attempts to rouse her...of course in time to help with the presents.
And without totally embarrassing my poor child...Reagan is doing awesome on the potty training. She is getting better about telling me, although she is holding it until I remind her to go try. (Although she had little trouble telling me 3 times during the Christmas Eve church service she had to use the potty. and this was after using it before we left, and when we got there. I spent more time in the bathroom than the sanctuary I'm afraid!) We haven't had an accident in almost 2 weeks, and that was the first day at my parents home, which I attribute to a new home, potty, etc. I'm so thankful for these advancements, I seriously thought this day would never come. It definelty ranks up there as one of my least favorite activities in parenting thus far, though. 'Nough said!
The above pic is Reagan ready for New Year's. She wanted to wear a "party dress" complete with tiara that said "it's midnight somewhere so KISS ME!". She actually made it until midnight. She was snoring peacefully by 12:03, though.
.....and Bryce is WALKING! When we left for my parents on the 22nd, he was taking only 4-5 steps without falling, but within the days there, he was everywhere. He is a busy busy boy and into everything! And I mean everything! I'm cleaning one disaster up and he's on to the next one.
It's been really nice having Jason home for an extended period of time; we are getting spoiled here. Christmas week really seemed to fly by, but this extra time with New Year's has been great. I got an under the cabinet CD player for my kitchen, which I really wanted. Jason installed it yesterday, and I love it. I spend alot of time there (it's also where I do my extensive ironing every week!), so I've had it on almost non-stop!
Well, we are just blessed here, enjoying our time together. Here's to an awesome 2009! Enjoy our update! Love, Jaime

Comments

Popular Posts