A very special thank you and goodbye to a season...

This fall has been one of transition for me, especially, as I have been in the process of handing off the Kids Ministry at our church.  We helped plant our church 4 1/2 years ago, and hard to believe, but our kids were 13, 10, 8, and 7...and we've grown SO much in that time!  Really started feeling this fall that it was time to  pass along the ministry, as it's grown in amazing leaps and bounds and I have felt my time really needs to be focused on home and my kids, especially as we prepare to launch Reagan off to college next fall.  The church has been SO honoring of me over this bittersweet goodbye.  From flowers, to gift baskets on stage, to notes, to group thank you's from our kiddos, cake (um, yum!!), and finally a parade as I drove home with 15 some families on street corners waiting for me to drive by.  It really has been a very special and sweet farewell to something I have poured my heart and soul into over the past 4 1/2 years.  I absolutely LOVE the kids and families I serve as well as the amazing team surrounding me, so that part is really hard.  I am really looking forward to sitting with my own kids in service and pouring into them in these vital years.  So thankful for the opportunity to serve our church family in this manner and look forward to see what happens next with the ministry.  

I have written MANY MANY thank you notes over these past weeks, and read many in return!  God is always good, in every season, even when it's a season of change and stretching!





 

Comments

Popular Posts