As we cruise towards November...

We have been starting to give Reagan an allowance and I'm determined to help train my kids how to care for your money. So, we have started giving her choices as to how to spend her money. We have started with the tithe for Jesus every week, and then talking about how to use the rest. The first week she blew almost the entire thing on a pack of gum ($1.15 for one pack!!). I tried to convince her to buy the same brand, different flavor that was on clearance for .54, but she wouldn't have it, so I let her do it. There was an American Girl dog that she really wanted, so as incentive, I went ahead and bought the dog. I showed it to her, as well as let her know how much $$ he was. Week after week, she saved her $ instead of spending it on smaller items, and after 6 weeks or so, she was able to purchase the dog, Pepper, back from me. She was SO thrilled!!
Last week I took the kids to Boo at the zoo. I love dressing them up, and they had a great time. Here is Captain America, our little duckie, and our cowgirl!!

We stopped in to see Grandma Ruth on our way to the zoo, so she could see them all dressed up!!

Ruthie was so darn cute, I just kept giggling at her. Even the bum on this costume is padded so it wags when she walks!!

At the zoo...

Our little duck with the fishies!!



And our little duckie was tired out.....


This week, Reagan ran in a trick or trot at her school. She did a great job and we were so proud of her! Bryce certainly had some kind words to say as she finished, he told her "Reagan, you won" (she didn't). "Reagan you did awesome, you did such a good job". I'm proud of my little encourager and my runner!!


I'm off....be sure to keep reading to watch these videos I just posted of little Ruthie!!

Comments

Popular Posts