Birthday and other exciting news!

This year we've purchased a zoo membership, much to the kids' delight. They had a members only event last Friday night that the kids and I ventured out to. They had a blast and I can tell it's going to be great fun going there over and over. They truly don't tire of it!!
Yesterday was Jason's birthday. I attempted (as I do every year), to buy gifts for him....and I returned 2 of them the same day. I know he appreciates the effort, but I just miss the mark!! One of the gifts was actually such a great idea, he bought the exact same one himself about four days before his birthday. He is hard to surprise!

I did whip up a homemade cake...his favorite, yellow cake with chocolate frosting. The kids were so excited to come home from church and enjoy that tasty treat!


And Reagan lost her first tooth today! What an exciting day for her! It has been wiggly for quite a while. I just noticed yesterday her adult tooth was coming in behind it, and at the dentist this morning, he suggested we really try to wiggle it out soon. We took his advice to heart and Reagan pulled it out herself this afternoon. She was so excited!! Unfortunately this same dentist let us know that Reagan has yet another (yes, this is her 3rd one!) cavity in one of her baby teeth. He must think I give her pop every night and right before bed. Reagan has taken it in stride and we'll just do the best we can with brushing and taking care of them. We are praying for strong adult teeth!!


Bryce's funny moments of the week include some interesting song lyrics. As he was singing "Jesus, what a wonderful child"....He said "Jesus, Jesus, where he lay in a manger filled with snakes??" Of course, supposed to be hay! Not sure where he pulled that one from. We were singing "I am a friend of God, he calls me friend", and Bryce says, "He calls me Fred?". Seriously, this child is funny!


Ruthie ramping up to her 1st birthday in 6 days. She is so close to walking! I can't believe it's already been a year. She's ready to keep up with Reagan and Bryce!


Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts