the latest...and greatest

May is always such a busy month with us anyways, with my bday, Mother's Day, and Jason's bday...but this year has been extra fun with Reagan finishing up her preschool year of school, her ballet recital, the impending arrival of our little girl, and our move. Whew! Gets me tired just thinking about all of it.

Last Sunday was my birthday and I had such a great day with the fam. We were at church in the morning, and Jason had arranged for a friend to make a cake for my bday (if you know me well, you know I L-O-V-E cake! I haven't gotten the pic yet from her, but she used cupcackes and made me, holding baby booties (complete with a pregnant belly), and it said "Jaime, 34, and still shaking her booties". It was so cute, so thoughtful and yummy! We enjoyed lunch out at Red Robin and a quiet day at home. I am expecting a little "combo" bday, Mother's Day, baby gift from Jason that hopefully I can share with you once she arrives.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and today I'm just struck with how thankful I am for this season of life. Yes, somedays it's full of tantrums, wiping noses, bottoms, and perpetual messes!, but someday I will miss it! I'm thankful for our 2 little ones already here and the one about ready to make her grand entrance. Reagan came home from school on Friday with this card for me, and it made me just teary eyed. It's really the first time she's been able to write it (she's said it alot of course!) and it was so cool!

This past week, I took Reagan to her new school (by our new home!) and got her screened for kindergarten (since she's a summer bday she has to be tested to make sure she's ready). She, of course, is ready and will go Mon/Wed/every other Friday FULL DAYS to school in the fall. I'm not sure my momma heart can take it! She's going to eat lunch at school...and she can ride the bus, which she is completely thrilled about. Bryce isn't about to be left behind either, he's informing me he has his backpack and he's going too.....good thing the baby won't be able to talk by then and want to leave too!

In our house news, we have gone through the inspection on both homes and they both went great. Everything is falling into place...we are looking forward to our June 16th closing and moving within that next week. Lots of changes going on here, but all is well and we are excited. I have started packing up the nonessentials (surprising how many of those hanging around here!) and figure if I can do a little every day, it won't seem so daunting???? Jason even got in on the packing/cleaning today by tackling our closet. We have some bags of things to donate and we will be lean/clean by the time we move outta here! BIG shoutout to my sister's bday gift this year, she got me a free housecleaning...which I'm intending on using on our current home once we move out. I figure we get all the stuff out and she can clean it for the next homeowners, and I can focus on the new home! Thanks Jodes!
So, if you're still with me, I'm impressed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers out there...especially mine and Jason's. We love you and are SO thankful for the great example you have shown to us!! May you be richly blessed for what you have sown into our lives!

Comments

Popular Posts