all about bryce

Well, Bryce has had a monumental week. This week we ditched the paci! Both of my children have absolutely LOVED their pacis and it has been a struggle to get rid of them. I have always been able to restrict them to their beds at some point, but lots of talking about the baby needing the paci just led Bryce to tell me to buy her her own!!! A week ago Sunday, something must have clicked, because he asked me if the baby needed it, and he willingly (for the moment!) gave it to me and went to bed. We had some crying, but he eventually settled down without it and went to sleep! Hooray! The last few nights, he hasn't even asked me for it. I had initially told him I would take him to the store to buy a present, and I delivered, taking him to Target where he picked out some cars. One hurdle down!

Within this same week, my sweet little lovable boy has ALSO decided that he no longer needs an afternoon nap (say it isn't so???). The previous few nights, Bryce would come down after we put him to bed (around 8:30 ish) and be wide awake with us in the basement. He would play play play, sometimes until 10:30 at night! So, this has become my trade-off...some moments of peace in the afternoon, with a child up until I'm completely spent or a child with no nap who's ready for bed by 8:30.....not the most supreme timing with a baby coming, but I am trying to get him to at least be in his room for some quiet time in the afternoon. I'm not afraid to put the gate back up in his room to make this happen!! Such a big boy! I have friends whose 5 year olds still nap, and Bryce, not yet 2 1/2 has decided there is way more fun going on during that afternoon time. Boo!

Less than 2 weeks to go, and I'm just big. Getting lots of stares, questions, "oh my gosh you are huge", etc. All those things a woman just loves to hear. Yes, I look like I might just burst, what can I say? It's really quite amazing the things a complete stranger will say to you....We are excited to meet her...we will keep you posted. I'm off to rest while there's some quiet around here.

Comments

Popular Posts