...and MORE San Antonio

The highlight of the San Antonio trip for me was the trip up to Waco, to visit Magnolia...I didn't do my homework very well, Waco was a tiny bit farther than I had anticipated (3 hrs), and we had to drive through both San Antonio and Austin traffic in rush hour in a pouring rainstorm...Jason was a complete trooper and was so gracious to make a day I was super excited about a reality.  The weather did not really cooperate the day we were there, in the 50's and rainy, but we made the best of it, and I LOVED it!!
Breakfast at Magnolia Table...




Eggs Benedict, of course!











Just across the street was the Dr. Pepper museum, which we made sure to stop by for our Dr. Pepper loving Bennett!!  

He enjoyed his Dr. Pepper cream soda root beer float and some other goodies!!
Really THE highlight of this vacation was the chance to hug and visit with Brad and Beth Holmes.  They were in Waco this past year, and we met up for lunch, which was a COMPLETE treat for me to introduce my family to them.  This family had a HUGE influence on me over my college years and I'm forever grateful for their friendship and mentorship over the years....best news is they are moving up our way and we hope to see MUCH MORE of them in the coming years!
And, we had to do the Texas thing and stop at Buc-ees the amazing rest stops!  It was an experience in itself!!

Our yummy Magnolia cupcakes that we enjoyed back in San Antonio!!

 

Comments

Popular Posts