Our trip to Illinois

No summer is complete without a trip back to my hometown.  My parents are very active, so we keep busy biking, playing pickeball, visiting playgrounds, etc.  A lot of my family live nearby, so I love the opportunity to visit with all of them too...

Ruthie new bike...my dad has been on the hunt through most of quarantine...many of you know how crazy it was to try to find a bike in the last 18 months.  My dad ended up driving 2 hours into Iowa to pick up this bike for her...and she LOVES it!

Breakfast at the Machine Shed!
My cousin Josh, his wife Katie, daughter Addelyn and all of us!
We visited my grandparents' gravesite while we were home too... I hadn't been in a really long time.  I love the detail of the Knox truck on the back.  


And for an extra special end to our little trip, we picked up a puppy and brought it back home for some friends.  In a conversation, they said they were going to pick up a dog the SAME day we were headed back from Illinois, and the town was 30 minutes from my parents.  All the details were worked out, and my kids LOVED the chance to cuddle a puppy all the way back.  We had to set a timer and pass the dog around to make sure everyone got the opportunity...and no one wanted to give him up when we got home!
 

Comments

Popular Posts