It was a very merry Christmas

I'm going to give my Christmas recap, but it's kinda lame, since I took not one picture and Jason took video...so I guess you'll just have to believe me! I just soaked in watching the kids' delight in getting their gifts...

We were home for Christmas, which was nice to not travel and wake up in a hotel on Christmas morning. We really have no "traditions" with our own little family, so it was fun trying to navigate all that. We attended our church on Christmas Eve, Reagan played keys and did a great job as usual. We were with friends Christmas Eve just spending time together.

We had homemade cinnamon rolls Christmas morning, preluded with presents! Here's some highlights:

Reagan...got a PHONE for Christmas. We completely shocked her, not on her radar at all. Way fun! I wrapped it in a little box, then a bigger box, then a still bigger box. She spent a lot of mental energy trying to figure out what was in that big box under the tree, I loved it!! She also got a Lauren Diagle Cd, and a winter hat with a puff on the top (her request). Reagan rates her gifts as very good!!

Bryce....got a DRUMSET for Christmas! It has been in a huge box in our room for a couple weeks. He has been upset because there was hardly anything under the tree for him and I kept telling him the big box was for dad. I think he was embarrassed at how upset he was getting about his "slim" Christmas. Total win for mom and dad.

Ruthie...got a Bluetooth microphone, she's in heaven. We hear her sing everywhere now and with echo...and at the most inopportune times. She also got sparkly tennis shoes to replace some well loved ones...and some things for her Doll.

Bennett...got an I love Chik fil a shirt...and he loved it!! And he got a Jurassic World LEGO set.

Jason...got tickets to a Michigan Basketball game for next week (good seats too!). I'm always nervous with a surprise that can't be returned with him, but this was a winner. They are currently ranked #2 in the nation, so that should be fun!!

My backpack ripped and died at Disney, so Jason got me this beautiful backpack from my favorite outdoor store up north. So excited to have such a pretty bag!

We had a very low key day here, watching movies and being together. I'm enjoying break, the no alarms, no lunches, lazy days. What a great!!

Comments

Popular Posts