all about Jason

Well, our Friday was very eventful with picking up Finley, but we had some additional excitement as well that evening!  

As we were outside most of the afternoon enjoying the GREAT weather, I came in and noticed a large water puddle beside the dishwasher (what is it with me and dishwashers??) .  Once Jason took a look, we had a pretty good leak from the dishwasher.    As he went downstairs to try to turn off the water, he looked over at the sump pump, and the water was up to the lip of the hole....level with the concrete floor...yippee!  Two projects!!

While Jason looked at the dishwasher, I went downstairs to bail water out of the sump pump well.  I literally made NO progress, as every time I emptied a gallon, it was full again by the time I returned.  (thanks to all our spring rain!). 

Jason ran back outside to try to get the yard mowed, and as he was out mowing...I got a call from the neighbor asking if Jason was stuck and needed some help  (remember, spring rain?).  I didn't even realize it, but Jason had tried to clear a small patch in the meadow for some garden aspirations I have and was stuck for a good while.  The wonderful neighbor came with his tractor and pull chain and got him out.

Came back in, muddy as ever, dark now...and headed to Lowe's to grab a new sump pump.  Jason remarked he was thankful, both of these repairs are something he has dealt with before.  New sump pump in by bedtime Friday, and it was working great!  He worked on the dishwasher Saturday morning...I was hesitant to try to fix it (by calling someone), because I figured out the dishwasher is original to the home (14 yrs) and wasn't sure any repair $$ spent would be worthwhile.  But Jason fixed the dishwasher HIMSELF, and with parts we had at home, so he didn't even need to leave to grab stuff.  Since I was hosting Easter here, I was super thankful to have a working dishwasher!! 

What a guy!!

Comments

Popular Posts