all i want for christmas is.....

Well, I've had an interesting week with Bryce at school.  After school on Monday, his teacher approached me and said she needed to talk with me because Bryce was talking about "g-u-n-s" at school.  She proceeded to tell me that he had raised his hand to say he was really excited that his dad was going to buy him a gun when he turned 10.  Now, to preface this entire thing, Jason has gotten back into hunting.  He just bought a gun to pheasant hunt with, and this is something he has started doing with my uncle and his dad.  I absolutely LOVE that he has found something to do with family and close friends.  I did not grow up around guns, so I'm completely unfamiliar with them, but I know Jason is overly safe and cautious with them.  And Bryce is fascinated like most young boys are, and he's excited to be able to hunt WITH Jason.  His teacher went on to tell me that it was inappropriate to talk about guns at school and that was a conversation I needed to have with him at home. 

I feel sad that we have come to this now.  What happened in Newtown is incredibly heartbreaking.  I have cried tears for those mammas that have had to bury their precious children right before Christmas.    I cannot imagine their pain and heartache.  I know the teachers are extra sensitive at this time, as well.  There has been a huge violation in the feeling of safety for them...

With this said, my precious boy has no idea what happened there.  He is simply excited to hunt with daddy and shoot an animal and come home and eat it.  So, we did address it with him, but as much as you do with a 4 year old.
 

So, on Friday, when this paper came home from school with Bryce....

I'm pretty sure his teacher likes me the best out of all the parents......

Comments

LOL! Shannon and I are wiping tears from our eyes we are laughing so hard!
LOL! Shannon and I are laughing so hard we are wiping tears from our eyes!

Popular Posts