like a caged bear

I feel like I just might go nuts with everyone here sick!  We are finally on the downswing, but I had 8 straight days of crabby kids, fevers, coughs and general yuck!!

Jason started the whole shebang....and while he says it was a terrible cold, I almost think we had the flu.  Jason even came home from work early last week, which is a complete rarity.  Jason, Monday, followed by Ruth on Wednesday, Bryce on Thursday, me on Friday, Reagan finally caved and came down with it Sunday night.  I was at urgent care 2 days in a row, with Bryce, concerned he had bronchitis, and the next day with Reagan, with an ear infection.  Bryce had a fever for 6 days straight and missed 2 days of preschool.  Reagan missed 3 days of school, and probably could have even stayed home again today, but she was ready (and so was I), so off she went.

I had a terrible time myself with it over the weekend, with high fevers, and just feeling lousy.  I sweat through my sheets 2 or 3 nights....way fun.  And trying to take care of other sick people when you are recovering yourself is a whole other ballgame!  Thankfully, Jason has been very helpful, and since he got it first, he recovered first! 

It's nice to finally be on the downhill with the sickness....we finally all got out to church last night. It was so good to be out and socialize with other adults....the kids and I have had plenty of togetherness inside!!  Besides some residual coughs, we are all healing up nicely.  Reagan is the tail of it all, so she will probably be last to feel really good, but she's been a trooper.  I have dosed enough ibuprofen and amoxycillin for a while!!  I'm thankful for our health, and for bodies that are healing themselves...and hope I don't see anything like that for a VERY long time!!

Comments

Popular Posts