another great trip to 'zona

We just returned home this afternoon from a great week in sunny, beautiful Arizona. The weather just never ceases to amaze me there, just so warm with hardly ever experiencing rain in all the years we've been going there (since I was a kid!). Really,there has been one time (one day!!) that I remember it raining and being cold.

This year was a bit of an adventure for our family, as Jason left on Monday for Phoenix, met up with my dad, his dad, and 2 other guys to head for Moab, Utah for 5 nights. Rather last minute, I booked tickets for me and the 3 kids into Phoenix to be with my mom for 7 nights, meeting up with Jason for the final 2 nights of his vacation. Yes, you read that correctly, I just conquered flying with 3 children ALL BY MYSELF!! Woohoo! Honestly, I couldn't be more proud of my precious children. Both times, they were so good and we had wonderful trips! On the way back, we had to wake them up at 4 am to catch the 6 am flight back from Arizona, and all 3 of them were awake, walking, PLEASANT, and carried their backpacks & coats to the gates. They were troopers!!

I don't have many pics of our trip because I had my hands full, but here's a few gems. The first full day, my mom and I took the kids to the Phoenix Zoo! A good ole' Cactus slide...

We spent more time in the pool this trip than any vacation I can remember. They had so much fun and Reagan was so insistent to learn how to swim before daddy rejoined us. She was doing a great job, and by the time daddy left, Bryce was in the shallow end without his swim ring diving under water. I can tell they are going to have a great time in the water this summer!!


Ruthie being her usual cute self....I can't tell you how much attention this child garnered at the pool. My aunt/uncle own a trailer in a park for the 55+ age, so when you have a toddler around laughing in the pool...she attracts some new friends!!

On our last day there, we took the kids down for the last hurrah at the pool. We put Ruthie down for her nap and I set to doing a puzzle that Reagan and I started out doing together. Well, the other two ended up doing this.....

Bryce climbed under the table and fell asleep....after about 20 min. he did manage to get into one of the chairs (still extremely uncomfortable!) and slept for 2 hrs. straight through dinner!!

We plum tuckered them out!! We are glad to be home and get back into the swing of things around here. We just love going to 'Zona!!!

Comments

Popular Posts