January recovery

Well, I just realized, it's January 21st, and I've been a bit absent from my blog. I have just needed a chance to recoup and regroup here from all the busyness (and sadness) of December. We are also in a fasting time at our church again, which has included limited computer time for me. But, today, I'm taking a little break to give you an update on what's the latest in our home.
Here's a pic of Ruthie with her new bathrobe on. She absolutely LOVES this thing and cries when I take it off her to get her dressed. She tells me "go" for "let go" of her arm so she can keep it on. Big score there Aunt Jessie!!
And little Ruthie just loves Griffin. You can often find her hugging him, or laying on him, etc, most times of the day. He is such a good dog and after 3 kids, he's used to it!


Reagan is doing great at school. She was named her classroom's first Voracious Reader. I went in to help out in her classroom and saw her pretty picture up on the wall. If you are wondering, what does a Voracious Reader look like in First Grade, here's what her teacher wrote....
We decided that a Voracious Reader…
*is always reading!
*chooses “Read to Self” often!
*gets right to work quickly and quietly during Daily 5!
*tries new CAFE strategies!
*listens and participates during strategy lessons!
*always does their personal best!

We are so proud of Reagan Joy!!

Think Bryce has been left out....stay tuned tomorrow for his birthday message....

I actually have quite a newsworthy tale around here....we had pheasant for dinner for the first time this week. Jason went hunting with my Uncle Jim and came back with some pheasant meat. Thank the Lord, it was already processed, but still made me quite squeamish....It was on the menu for Tuesday and I managed to delay until Thursday. After some internet searching on how to prepare it, we put it on a grill with some spices and BBQ sauce. To tell you the truth, I didn't want to have anything to do with it, but for my kids I had to put on my brave face so they too would try it! It really does taste like chicken, and little Reagan, my squeamish child, was asking for 2nds and 3rds. Amazing!! I'm really okay with not having it again for a while, but I survived! Jason wants to get back into hunting (he did it alot as a kid), and so I have a feeling I might need to get used to this. There might be some venison here next fall.....I guess I have some time to prepare myself. Now a dead deer hanging in my garage....yikes....I'm okay with not seeing where my meat comes from, really. But, we gotta let our boys have their adventure, so I'm all for it!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Comments

Popular Posts