2011 wrap up

Well, hang on and see if I can't give you quick recap of our last couple weeks, before we say goodbye to 2011. (In no particular order....)

We celebrated Christmas with Jason's family yesterday, on the 30th. Ruth got some cute hair accessories, as well as an adorable bathrobe!!
One of the treasures I returned with from my grandma is this ceramic Christmas tree. My grandparents spent the winters in Mesa, Arizona, and for years, my grandma made these beautiful trees at the ceramics lab. I am so thankful to have one of my very own in my home. I know it's after Christmas, but I've kept it lit all day long while I'm home. Just makes me happy thinking of her...

Here are a few pics from Christmas with my parents. With all the sickness, there's not a whole lot of pics, and not a whole lot of many of us together. My sister's family and I got my dad this giant camping chair, and it was plain hysterical watching him open it up and climb into it. It was quite a hit with the grandkids too!!





I had known my grandma was not well, and I sent ahead early her Christmas present from us and my sister. I just love these personalized ornaments....These are all 8 of her grandkids, and I bought her a little hangar for it to hang on her ledge outside her apartment. It's now on my tree, and something I really treasure.

The day my grandma died, Jason brought home these beautiful flowers for me. I just love fresh flowers and it made such a sad, hard day a little more bearable!!

These last few pics are of our home, decorated for Christmas. My friend, Sharon, never disappoints, with her amazing sense of style! I so appreciate her help getting my house all ready for Jason's work Christmas party.



Sharon made this incredible artwork to hang from our kithcen chandelier. I thought it was stunning, and I received so many compliments on it!!


So, that about takes care of our last couple weeks. I just figured out, out of the last 15 nights, we have spent more than half of them away from home. To Illinois for 2, then home for 5, back to Illinois for 5, home for 2, to Detroit for 1....now home! Please don't ask us to visit, unless you live in town!!! I am looking forward to staying put for a while, that's for sure. But, I have treasured all the time with our families.....looking forward to all that 2012 will bring our family. Be blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts