remembering grandma

We had such a nice visit home, honoring my grandma's life. All 6 of her grandkids were there for the services, from Colorado, New Mexico, Massachussetts, Wisconsin, Michigan and Illinois. It was sad to think of her gone, but I'm so thankful that I am 35 years old and got to have my grandma all these years!!

We had her luncheon at the retirement community where she lived, and the dining room was JUST PACKED with people there. Bryce sat down with another gentleman, who was 107 years old!!! As Jason introduced him and told Bryce how old he was, Bryce remarked...."wow, he's older than me!!". So many people came up to us and asked if we were still doing the Christmas program this year. I know it will be hard to do it without my grandma smiling and teary eyed in the front row, but I also know it's the right thing to do to honor her life and all she meant to us. It's also a way for us to thank the community that she has called home for the past 16 years. So, if you think of it, say a prayer for me and my family as we honor her on Friday evening. I know they are so looking forward to our visit!!

I always have given my mother a hard time for corralling us all for pictures on Christmas Eve....but now that I've looked back through pictures the past few days, I realize how many wonderful pictures I have myself with my grandma, as well as my children. Precious memories of all the great times we've shared with her. So, mom, apologies for the hard time....because now I can treasure all those pics!!

So, as we head towards Christmas, my kids are so excited. It is bittersweet to think of celebrating it without grandma, but I know this is the natural course of life. So, we say goodbye for now....

Comments

Popular Posts