Goodbye Grandma......

Pictures from July 2011


Well, on December 8th, the world lost another great woman. My grandma, Helen Caroline Darmon Knox drew her last breath. I am just going to miss that lady!!

She had such a long, wonderful life. She died just a few days short of her 92nd birthday. And with the exception of the last few months, lived her entire life with very few health problems, no hospitalizations or extended illness. Even when she was sick the last few months, she would comment on how thankful she was for her health. And she has lived the last 17 years without her husband, my grandpa Vincent.

I am thankful for the relationship I had with her, and that my kids got a chance to know their great grandma. She has 4 kids, 6 grandkids and 8 great grandkids. Every year we have done the Christmas program at her residence (a retirement community), and she always looked forward to us being there. She was like a rockstar there; every year since 1999, we have put on our annual Christmas Variety show with everything from mandolin, recorder, clarinet, trumpet, guitar, piano, and even my kids starting to get up and sing for everyone. I am hoping this year, I can pull myself together and do one last program as a tribute to her life and all she has meant to us.

So, yesterday was a sad, hard, day and as I found myself crying, Bryce asked me why I was crying and so sad? I told him why and he said so plainly, "but mom, we will get to see her in heaven again some day". I told him, yes, that was true buddy. He then proceeded to let me know he was going to do something to help cheer me up and put a smile on my face. I'm telling you, these kids are such a light and such a great example of what the Bible says when we are told to have childlike faith. It is so natural for him and "just the facts, ma'am". I am so thankful for Jesus and the hope we have in Him.

So, as we say goodbye to my grandma here, I'm so thankful for her life, and I'm thankful for her almost 92 years to be here with us. What a blessing! Love you grandma!!

Comments

Popular Posts