Some Spring Break Fun Part One

Before I get to our little excursion....I'm thinking I never put a pic of my Christmas present on here. I absolutely LOVE this necklace...it is so wonderful, from my wonderful! Friday, Jason had to work in NW Ohio, and he thought, hey, we'll all pile in and go along together, and spend Sat. together at the Toledo Zoo. So, off we went. During Jason's morning appoinments, I surprised the kids and took them to the Spangler Candy Company, where they make the famous Dum-dum suckers! Here's Bryce....
and Reagan posing in the gift shop/museum.
We even got to take a tour of the factory. Unfortunately, many of the really fun kitchen areas are off limits to the tour, the kids loved it and it was really interesting for me as well.

During Jason's afternoon appointment, we went to a nearby park and played. It wasn't great weather, but with the sun, warm enough to play outside for an hour or so while we waited for daddy. We stayed at a hotel with a pool, so the kids had a blast swimming both Friday night and Saturday morning.


I made the unforgettable mistake of drinking some Mello Yello with my dinner...which obviously bothered Ruth, since she was up for 3 HOURS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF MIDNIGHT AND 3 AM...ready to play! I'm usually careful about my caffeine intake, and I only had one glass, but it was enough to make our night less than enjoyable. I was trying to keep her to myself and let everyone else sleep, but our 10 month old has quite an affinity for daddy now and complained quite loudly when I tried to keep her away from him. So, daddy was up for quite a bit of it too. Made for a bit of a sleepy Saturday, but we survived. Lesson learned!


Keep reading for more pics....

Comments

Popular Posts