Another week, done and gone!

We've had a great week here at the house. We are nearly box-less, which is fantastic in my opinion for 3 kids, a newborn and LOTS going on. This pic below is from our backyard, they are bailing hay! I love it here!
Bryce has decided that he's such a big boy now and doesn't need to nap. Yesterday I sat down with Ruth to try to get a 20 min. snooze. Bryce was eating away at the counter (what he does best!). All of a sudden, I realized it was quite quiet out there, and I came upon this sight!
Ruth turned 1 month old yesterday. She is starting to coo a little bit, and I think I even caught a smile from her this week. She is a great baby, only gets up once a night...I feed her around 11 p.m. and she usually rouses around 3:45, and then back to sleep until around 7 a.m. This morning she even went back to bed and is still snoozing at 9 a.m. (I should have taken full advantage of this, but instead, I'm up and moving!)
In eventful news this week, Reagan went to the dentist Tuesday to have 2 cavities filled. As the dentist worked, he realized how deep they were and that they were even starting to absess into the gums. So, he recommended that they be pulled (baby teeth, really?)...and her adult teeth will probably appear around age 9??? He sent us to an oral surgeon so she could have the gas. We had our appt on Thursday, and it did not go well to say the least. Unfortunately the office staff was not very compassionate on a almost 5 year old who had extreme anxiety at the entire process and she had quite a meltdown. The dr. would not do the surgery yesterday, he made a future appt. I think in hopes she would be more calm. I asked him to please just do it yesterday since waiting was not going to help and she was already anxious enough about it. He said "it's not going to happen today". Reagan cried the entire way out, and I did too! After talking with Jason, I called back my dentist and got a different surgeon's name. I just think someone should be compassionate with a 5 year old who's going through something that's scary!! So, we have a consultation on Tuesday with a new Dr. and praying that they love kids! Thankfully, the teeth are not causing her pain and I think a little kindness with the dr. and nurses next week will go a long way!
We are looking forward to the holiday weekend. We have more spruceing of the house in the agenda, getting ready for Reagan's birthday party next weekend. I'm off to take advantage of a quiet home. Happy 4th of July!

Comments

Anonymous said…
James! Your house is just gorgeous! I feel your pain with settling in and lots going on... I cannot believe Ruth is already 1mo old!? She is a blend of your other two, isn't she? Love you girl! Keep plodding along!- Nick

Popular Posts