Christmas...here and gone!

It's hard to believe Christmas has already come and gone! We are back home, trying to resettle and find new places for all our Christmas gifts. We had a wonderful time at home with my parents. My sister and family were in from Boston and it was so nice to be together. We celebrated my grandma's 90th Birthday while we were home. We did our annual program at her retirement community followed by a cake/punch reception for her. My big project for her birthday was a shutterfly book full of pics of her entire family. It took quite a bit of work, and lots of help by the rest of the family, but the book looked great and she was very appreciative. Reagan stole the show of the Christmas program (our 11th!!!) by singing Happy Birthday Jesus for them. My brother in law has it on video, so I will post it once I get it. I was so proud of her. The above pic is my grandma with her grandkids, minus my cousin in Denver who didn't make it home.

Here is my grandma with the great grandkids....growing by 2 this year with my sister's baby, Anne (being held by Reagan, wearing Reagan's 1st Christmas dress, sniff, sniff!) and my cousin's baby Lyla on grandma's lap. Next year we will welcome 2 more with our baby and my other cousin in Denver's little boy.

Here are my parents and our clan, constantly growing it seems! For some reason or another, my kids love their fingers in their mouths at the most inopportune times!!

I'm feeling good overall, I still mentally have more stamina than my body does physically, but I just do as much as I can. I suppose running after 2 already wears you out let alone cooking the third! We have our ultrasound scheduled for Jan. 19, so the suspense will be over for all the guesses in our poll. We look forward to what 2010 will bring!!
And finally, for a good ole' chuckle....every year when we go to Arizona and the flea markets, we always laugh up a storm at the "adult bibs" that are sold EVERYWHERE in that place. I suppose they are catering to the large "older" population of Arizona, but we always teased my dad that we were going to buy him one. Unbeknownest to him, we bought one in April, kept it tucked away until Dec. and Santa gave him a little gift. I got such a kick out of his reaction, I was nearly on the floor laughing. He came out Christmas Day informing everyone he was ready to eat. I told him we should embroider it and personalize it for him....good times.

Comments

Popular Posts