A week at the county fair

The kids and I just got back from a week at my parents' home...our annual trip home for the county fair. The kids had a blast and it's so fun to see from year to year how they enjoy it even more. My sister was home from Boston and so we got to spend some time with her and her new little girl, Anne.

The suspension bridge at the park in my hometown.

Ahh...the fair and the FOOD. Really, we all just have our "lists" of the must-have's of the week. I can't say I'm a huge fan of corn dogs myself, but my kids seemed to polish off these monsters pretty well themselves!
Bryce got to ride the rides this year for the first time, and of course, his favorite was the CARS! He got to ride them 3 times and every time, when I would enter the ride to get him after it was over, he would scream! He wanted the everlasting pass for this ride! Bryce and Reagan also got to ride the horses...Reagan loves to ride them and Bryce, well, he screamed the entire time. Definetly not good use of my $4!

Oh the $1 ice cream.....a definite stop every time we leave the fair.


Here's Reagan and Bryce with their cousin Anne. I think Anne got quite her share of stimulation with my busy kids the week we were there. She (as well as my parents) will probably sleep the entire next week to recover from my busy ones!
Here's my grandma playing a little patty cake game with Bryce. I thought it was SO cute! We are like celebrities at the retirement community my grandma lives at. Since we do an annual Music program around Christmas time (this will be our 10th program), everyone recognizes us. My grandma loves the attention!
Grandma told Reagan she would put her on these harnesses to jump the last day we were there. Reagan was thrilled (we had watched other kids on them other nights we were there). She was not afraid and did a great job. We are so proud of you Reagan Joy!

Bryce loves him some tractor. You can tell he's making "tractor" noises with his mouth as he steers!
This was one of the coolest parts of the week. We always enjoy watching the lumberjack show at the fair. These guys are really skilled and they have some good shtick to go with it. They do this little gag with some wood carving and he ends up making a little stool. They give this away to one child in the audience (the place was PACKED!) and out of every sweet child there, he picked Reagan. She was so excited, went right up and sat in her chair and we have it here at the house as a great momento of a great week!

We so appreciate my parents having us home for a week. We are a busy gang, but the kids had a blast and now we're trying to settle into our normal routine here at home. I'm off to do some laundry!!

Comments

Popular Posts