Happy Mother's Day (belated!)

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all those Mothers out there! I was thankful I got to spend the weekend with my mother, and that Jason was gracious enough to give up that time with his mother.

I wanted to share something I read in a book...and it just really struck a chord with me as to what my purpose is right now...and for ALL mothers.
Lord, teach me to say no to distractions that keep me from my family and to say yes to my children's golden moments. Remind me that this season of my life belongs to my children. They are my job, my responsibility, my ministry, my love, and my legacy.
Wow! I couldn't agree more! I love that Jason and I are raising our legacy! Big stuff!

My Mom and I threw a bridal shower for my cousin's fiance on Saturday, so it worked out well to spend the entire weekend together.

Here is a pic of the favors I made for the shower. We did a dessert shower, complete with chocolate fondue, so I decided to stay in the chocolate realm for the favors too. These took quite a bit more time than I anticipated, and lots of detail work, but I was SO pleased with their outcome. I usually tout myself as someone who is not crafty, but I am starting to show some general abilites with some practice.
Here are 4 generations of women on my mom's side. I was thankful we could all be together. It has been special to be able to share my kids with my grandma as well as Jason's grandparents.

Yep, this is my parents' DOG bed that the kids just can't get enough of. They would rather play in here than with the myraid of toys, OF COURSE!
My grandma with sweet Bryce.
He is SO cute!!
My mother-in-law sewed this fabric to make me a valance and a pillow for my window seat in my entryway (the pic is a little dark, but you can get the general idea). I am just thrilled at the outcome. A little visit to the foam factory, and voila, we are in business. She is making a back bolster pillow that will match the valance. I love how it dressed up that white space. The kids got a kick out of the new pillow too, of course! Thanks Dianne!

Well, we're off to the grocery store to get situated for the week. Have a fantastic week, and keep checking back for my blog redo!!!

Comments

J Squared said…
Oooh, you're new blog looks great!

Jody

Popular Posts