Poor Bryce....poor mama

Little Bryce has definetly had his share of illnesses in his 13 month life. We survived the roseola business only to be knocked down with some sort of stomach bug. Of COURSE, he shared it with me and Reagan. But, Bryce's has not seemed to vacate.....after 9+ days of "both end issues" (need I say more?) I wondered if it was a food allergy. At the same time, he broke out with a localized rash on the crook of his elbow. So, starting Monday, we have been dairy free, hoping to see a normalization of his issues. He has not vomited since Monday morning and his poor little bottom might actually be clearing up too. He is drinking soy milk, and thankfully likes it, but it's very very hard to feed a small child without giving dairy. We are cheese and yogurt people here, so I'm reading the label on everything that goes in his mouth. You would be surprised to note how much has dairy in it, even some crackers and chips!!! Even soy yogurt has dairy in it (which defeats the purpose in my opinion, but it was right there on the label). So, we are on a 2 week diet elimination and we'll go from there. I'm hoping this is temporary and I can reintroduce dairy.

I've just about had my share of stripping his bed numerous times a day, changing his clothes over and over and over and over, bathing him over and over and over.....yuck! Poor me! In all truthfulness, of course, I am sick at seeing my little guy not feel well, not be able to digest food properly and be in misery. I have felt very helpless over the last few days, unable to figure out what in the world is going on. I'm not sure dairy allergy is the answer, but I'm seeing improvement in him, and we'll go from there.
Of course, we believe Jesus can heal him of any old allergy if that is the case. He is bigger than that...so we look to Him for healing and wisdom through all of this. Thank goodness He knows!!

Comments

Popular Posts