The stockings were NOT hung by the chimney...

for I have a very curious 10 month old who is sure to drop these heavy stocking hangers on his head....oh well! it only took bryce a mere 10 seconds to notice the dangling new "toys" hanging from the mantle to come over, stand up and yank on them. tradition.....safety, it's a toughy I know! we as of yet do not have a tree, and frankly part of me is ok with that, because i know the minute that tree enters our home, i will be on every second watch patrol with bryce. not that i leave him for hours on end, but it takes seconds, seconds people, for this child to find mischief. and a sparkling, tall tree is just the perfect teaser for a little one.
i had to share my cute new ornament for this year. i absolutely love it...and my apologies to griffin, who now has been booted from the family ornament. good thing he can't read!
and onto some major reagan news....i'm even hesitant to post it, but we are in day 4 of potty training the little miss. thursday night i decided it was time to take another go at the underwear for the day. and i told myself, "no matter how many accidents, i'm going to persevere, i'm going to win". we had a great day friday, no accidents, but saturday, oh my. i'm really amazed at how a 3 year old and pee on your carpet can just cut your resolve into nothing and put you to tears. i was ready to throw in the towel and go back to the diapers. after a good talking to by my neighbor (thanks Kay!), i decided to keep trudging along, and sunday was a new day. we had a good day yesterday and are going strong today. much to my happiness, reagan does NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO DIAPERS! can i get an amen from you readers! i thought this day would never happen! so, i know i'm early in my quest, and i'm soon realizing that i'll be visiting every public bathroom everywhere we go as i am watching the clock like crazy to get her on the pot every 30-45 minutes. and i thought it was a pain to keep up with the 2 1/2-3 hr feeding schedule! so prayers for my sanity and for reagan would be so appreciated. without getting too personal and embarrasing my poor husband with the topics on my blog....pray that Reagan would not fear going on the potty. all you moms relate....'nuff said! i have learned tons of humility through this whole experience as reagan has definetly dictated this process. i have wanted her potty trained for a long time, but it's taken her longer to decide it would be fun to wear Dora underwear (and p.s.....Dora does NOT like getting pooped on!). Sorry honey, I couldn't resist the "p" word. so, enough of the potty talk....and i'm off. I have to get working on my Christmas cards, or they are going to become New Year's Cards!! Thanks for keeping up with us! Jaime

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love your blogs and the updates on the kids. You should write a reality show on raising children. Your adventures put a smile on my face and warms my heart. Keep up the good work, Mommy.
See you soon. Linda S

Popular Posts