December already????

I'm always in awe of how fast Christmas creeps up on me. It seems so distant, and then WHAM, I'm off to the races trying to get everything on my to-do list completed. One event at a time, it seems. This weekend we celebrated with Jason's parents 40 years of marriage...WOW! We had a great party, complete with chocolate fountain, and Jason's siblings just really honored his parents, it was neat to see. Tonight I am hosting a table at the Christmas Tea at our church. This is my first year hosting, and let me just say that decorating is not my forte. I am not trying to sound pitiful, it's just really not my gifting. A friend made my centerpiece...and I still feel overwhelmed looking at the other "masterpieces" that people have made their tables into. Here's hoping the company and yummy desserts I stayed up until midnight making will overcome any shortcomings in the design department.

I really love this vase on my kitchen table I filled with ornaments...all with names of God on them. Emmanuel....Redeemer....Christ.....Lord.....Savior. Always gives me a moment to pause and remember what December is all about.

The kids are (supposedly) napping, so I need to stay productive...but I knew without an update, there might be an uproar in the blog community...so here you go. Happy December!

Comments

Popular Posts