Our Trip to 'Zona

Our family just returned from a wonderful vacation in sunny, warm Arizona (or as Reagan calls it, "zona". She has been asking for weeks when we were going to go on the plane to Zona. What a treat for us to enjoy the warm weather and spend a week with my parents.
Reagan absolutely LOVED the pool. Within the first day she was jumping in by herself and with the aid of her floaties, could support herself in the water and definetly did not want any help. "I do myself"....ah, 3 is coming.

We took a 3 day trip down to Tucson, Tombstone, Bisbee, the southern part of Arizona. The terrain there is so beautiful and so different from our midwest horizon. We even got stopped by the Border Patrol on the expressway about 20 miles north of the Mexican border. I was thankful Jason left his Hispanic accent at home when the border patrol asked if we were all US citizens.
Reagan and I rode the ski lift up to Mount Lemmon, 9100 feet together. Jason rode on the one in front of us and captured the amazing view.






We visited the Sonoran Desert Museum in Tucson where they have all the animals and plants native to Arizona...ALIVE, so it's more like a zoo. We enjoyed seeing the javelinas, and not so much all the rattlesnakes.


This is all of us (minus my mom) at Patagonia Lake. Just beautiful!

My second cousin got married in Phoenix on our last Saturday there and we had a blast at the wedding. Reagan was a dancing queen. We literally had to say our goodbyes and scoop her off the dance floor crying at 11:30 p.m. She had a blast.

My piano teacher from high school now lives in the Phoenix area and we got the chance to have breakfast with him on Sunday before we headed for home. It was great to have him meet Jason and our kids....wow, how things have changed!
We are trying to acclimate ourselves back to Eastern time. With the 3 hour difference, it's quite a change for everyone. I must admit, Bryce has adjusted both ways the easiest out of all of us. The first few mornings Reagan and I were up at 4 a.m. ready for the day. And we never are ready to eat at meal times with the time change. We took the red eye back late Sunday night so we are all a little dazed and confused yet. Unfortunately I caught some nasty stomach bug which had me using those poor little blue bags on the plane.....I was feeling too terrible to be mortified at what transpired. Thankfully, I am on the mend, but I'm still trying to take it easy and recover, but oh my, my house and the laundry.....everywhere I look there's something to be done. Which is why I should sign off our post and hope you enjoy our pics from Zona!
To my sweet little Bryce, Happy 3 months! We love you!! The time is flying but we are loving every minute!

Comments

Popular Posts