Another trip outta town!

Last week Wed-Sat saw us venture on another trip together. Daddy had a work conference and families were invited for the first time this year. It was at a waterpark, so while daddy sat in meetings ALL day, Reagan and I enjoyed the pool. The resort also had a huge indoor waterpark, but it is really geared for children 4 and up, so we found more fun outside. Reagan is completely fearless, she will walk and completely submerge herself and stand up and be ready for more.


She climbed by herself all the way to the top of some of these slides and slid down all on her own. There are some kids who will never venture far from their parents, and always look back for them. Reagan will take off and never look back. I appreciate that independent spirit in her, and I'm thankful she's willing to try new things.
It's always an adventure staying in a hotel with a little one; trying to encourage napping while I try to sit motionless in the room for 3-4 hours. One evening I finally got her to sleep only to have daddy return a while later, to which she sprang up and said "daddy, home, hi". She was a great little girl through all of it!




Waitin' for her mac n' cheese for lunch today! Peek!


No more pictures mommy!
Yesterday was the day I decided I was going to wean Reagan off her pacifier. I have gone back and forth over this; I had initially wanted her off it before the baby, then decided it comforted her and I didn't want to take it away from her, hopefully she would "grow" out of it on her own. Jason really was saying it's time, so I clipped a hole in the bottom of it and gave it to her for naptime. I endured screaming and crying for 2 HOURS yesterday! Reagan is not yet at the age of reason, she didn't understand it was "broken", or that the baby needed it, or "all gone". And really, I was proud of myself for 2 hours, because after 20 minutes I wanted to give in. Finally, I realized this is a battle I just don't want right now, and my momma heart just couldn't take anymore. It's paci city around here for a little while longer. I'm thankful she only uses it in naps and in the car when she's tired. So, mission aborted for now. Reagan wins! Jason was so gracious with me in the evening, saying she's fine with it, it's not hurting her, etc. I was thankful because I needed a lil' hug after that emotional afternoon. She is only 2!!! Naptime was so much easier today!
Mommy 0 Reagan 1
to be continued.......





Comments

Popular Posts