The Fog has lifted!

Any of you who have ever been pregnant can probably relate to this title. I guess I didn't really realize it, but there was quite a fog around me from when I found out I was pregnant until just recently. And how can it be, that a little magic switch is thrown and I feel so much better around week 12? Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the upswing, it's just so bizarre! And I can actually sleep through the night without getting up once or even TWICE to use the bathroom, this is a miracle. How can this be, now that the baby is getting bigger? I will take it for as long as I can!

I'm definetly "rounding out" around here and I'm sporting maternity pants and shorts. Last time around I shoved myself in my clothes as long as I possibly could, using the ole' rubberband trick. This time I just want to be comfy! Maternity shirts still look like tents on me, so I'm resolved to wearing some of my longer shirts that cover up my maternity band on the lower half. I feel like I'm limping along fashion wise until my body fully pops out...and people don't think I'm simply gaining weight because of my eating habits! HA!

I saw the baby on ultrasound again at my dr visit on Friday. What a miracle that God is growing inside me...this just amazes me, that He takes some of me and some of Jason and creates this being that I will (painfully) deliver in January. We talk to Reagan about the baby, but I'm sure it makes absolutely no sense at this point. She can point to my belly and say "baby", but then walks over to daddy and does the exact same thing. I nearly fell on the floor laughing with this one!
I'm thankful for every bathroom trip, every shirt and pants that no longer fits...every nap my body tells me I need. We know this baby is a great blessing and we are enjoying every good and perfect gift God has blessed us with. Be blessed today!

As a final note, my friend Happi has named me as one of her 5 choices for The Blogger Reflection Award. This award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who, when you reflect on them, give you a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them. This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone.
Hap, I'm floored and honored that you would choose me. I love you sister and love that we can share our lives through our blogs. You can catch her site from my links, on the Berger Buzz. We became friends in college (whew, that was almost 10 yrs ago!) and the wonders of the internet have drawn us close again. Thank you for your SONshine you always pour on my life!

Comments

Happi said…
Jaime, so glad to hear you are feeling better these days. And don't you just love that "in between" stage when you're wearing clothes that are too big and too small, all at the same time? Soon, you'll be filling them out in no time! And as for the award, your sunny outlook on life and reflection upon the Lord are always an encouragement to me as a mom and wife. You are very deserving. Love you, sister!

Popular Posts