Bodily Functions and the like

Mrs. Momma Cleanup reporting for duty. Reagan has been sick, starting with a wonderful "surprise" at our dinner out Tuesday night. If this has never happened to you, you are blessed! Let's just say my appetite was quite surpressed after that! Reagan spent the majority of yesterday either curled up in my arms, even sleeping (can't remember the last time she did THAT!) or in her bed. She couldn't even keep the original Pedialyte down! Between 4 changes of wardrobe for Reagan and 1 for myself, I'm ready to graduate with some sort of degree in clean! Not to mention I have felt completely helpless and sad that my baby doesn't feel well, and I can't just take it all away!

Today seems to be a better, day, we had some toast for breakfast (never has this girl been so excited to see plain toast!) and we are keeping down pedialyte. I'm doing the pedialyte in small sips, 20 minutes apart or so, and she knows the drill. She clutches that sippy like she'll never have another drink, and cries vehemently when I take it away.

I'm feeling a little stir-crazy today, I haven't really been out of the house since Monday, except for the trip to dinner, which I wish I would have stayed home. The snow is falling like crazy and it's cold, so I'm thankful for a day with no where to go (just somewhere I WANT to go!) I'm off to continue the laundry pile that already never ends, nevermind the pile from yesterday!

I'm thankful I can be here to hold Reagan and bring her as much comfort as I can. Hopefully we will be out and about soon!

Comments

Happi said…
Awww...poor baby! I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to have a sick baby/kid! I hope she's feeling better now and that you can get out. It's so cold here, I'm grateful when we have days we don't HAVE to be anywhere. Give that little girl a kiss from Auntie Happi!

Popular Posts