Sleeping Beauty

This is the ONLY picture I have from Christmas Day...that is really sad...

We had a very nice Christmas Day here...we started the day with presents, and the kids were spoiled, OF COURSE!  Here are some favorites and highlights from the day.
Reagan:  Air Pods!!, 2 new hooded sweatshirts, and SOCKS!  She was very surprised on the Air Pods, which made it very fun!!
Bryce:  Smart Watch, he's watching his steps and enjoying that!, a subscription to a Kiwi crate where he will get a new build item every month.  He is really into engineering type things right now, so that was a win for us!
Ruthie:  a new water bottle (a HydroFlask knockoff!).  She carried that thing all over yesterday and already has stickers on it.  She received lots of little items and was wearing much of it yesterday, new leggings, new socks, new slides.
Bennett:  tights so he can wear shorts in the winter, a new Michigan shirt, some puzzles and books

Ruthie and Reagan were surprised with Lauren Daigle tickets, we are going in March!

Jason got me a new winter coat...the CRAZY thing is, we were shopping Friday night, and in a store and I pointed out a coat that I liked, and he had already purchased that EXACT coat.  He knows me well!  The kids got me very sweet gifts...some earrings, a back massager, and a neck pillow.

While shopping that Friday night, Jason was also picking out things I already had under the tree for him, so I was glad I didn't have to spoil any of the surprises.  I bought him a new winter jacket, slippers, and a Patagonia sweater fleece.  And I actually think he's going to keep everything!!  It truly is a Christmas miracle!!

Bennett and Ruthie were able to shop at the Santa Sale at their school, and it was so wonderful to watch Bennett when people opened gifts he purchased for them.  He smiled just ear to ear and was so happy when they liked their gifts.  He actually did a fantastic job and bought very nice items for everyone...compared to Bryce, who bought fart powder for his dad for Christmas...ahem!

We had a ham for lunch and watched a movie together.  In the evening, Jason's parents and sister came over and we had ham sliders for dinner.  It was a great day and I was thankful for new traditions.  I did cry at some point during the day just thinking about all the years with my grandparents and my parents in Illinois together.  I am very thankful for all the memories, and I know change is good and it is very nice to be home for Christmas...and if I lived in Arizona (like my parents do 6 months of the year), I wouldn't want to come home to the Midwest and be cold either!!  I really enjoyed face timing my family and opening our gifts together.  It actually was nearly as warm here as the day started for them in Arizona.  Crazy Michigan!!

It was a wonderful Christmas Day and I'm so thankful to have the kids home for break!  Here's to finishing off 2019 with some fun and family time!!

Comments

Popular Posts