Marching Band



THIS girl has spent 44 hours this week on the Marching Band Field!  She has had practice from 9-9 every day, until today at just 9-12.  She is learning drill, memorizing music, and working her butt off!!  I have tried to stop by in the evenings to watch the show come together and I'm so impressed!  It was a huge time and money commitment, and I think she's having a great time!  I went on Tuesday and helped serve the kids dinner, and I was really impressed with how kind and friendly the kids were to me...asking me how I was, saying hello, please and thank you.  Because she's spending an immense amount of time with these kids this fall, I'm so thankful!  We will be sitting at those football games come fall to cheer on our Marching Band kiddo.

This is so much more serious than Marching Band was for me in high school.  We didn't memorize our music or drill, and did very simple Big Ten style marching.  This is memorized, full corp style marching and very intricate and intense drill to learn.  I obviously am super excited to see her doing Marching Band as I really loved it, but I do feel like I let her make the choice herself.  She did have to give up dance to participate this year, so that was a tough decision, but one she made.  I'm excited that on the first day of high school, there will be 105 people that she's seen before...so so nice!!  And she already has somewhere to belong!!

Comments

Popular Posts