And then this happened

We got invited to play broom ball at a friends home...and I'm not a huge outdoorsey person...but Jason really wanted to play so I was game!  I broke my tailbone back in March and it's been a very slow healing and I very rarely have pain, but certainly didn't want to fall playing (you typically play broomball on the ice in normal snow boots...which equals slippery!!) and re-injure myself.  Well...I didn't fall!!

But, I did get smacked in the face with a broom handle...and boy, that sucker hurt!  I immediately got tears in my eyes...and kept saying, I'm okay I'm okay... when Jason came over to me and saw the blood rolling down my face, he knew I wasn't alright.  By the time I got into the garage at their home, I couldn't see completely out of my eye, so I knew I was swelling quickly.  My friend who took me in did not have a good poker face and I could tell by her reactions that I must look bad!!

It was a good friend of ours who smacked me, and he felt absolutely terrible!!  We had church the next morning, and I was serving, so I answered LOTS of questions about what happened to my eye...oh my!  This ones a story for the books!!

The swelling has been helped immensely by ice (so thankful) and we were able to glue the cut shut (Jason was a very reluctant nurse as he knew it would hurt me, which it did!), but the cut is right on my eyebrow line.    Most people just comment that I should just put purple eyeliner on the other side and make them match and start a trend!!  My first black eye at 41...and what a story to tell!  Happy New Year!!

First pic is the first morning after...could hardly open that eye...second pic at 24 hrs.




Jaime

Comments

Popular Posts