Our Griffey....

 This was a post I knew was coming for some time, but it still stinks....while I was at camp, our family said goodbye to our wonderful dog, Griffin.  He was 12 1/2 years old, and what a wonderful wonderful dog he has been for our family.  He had some trouble getting around the last bit, and lately, he had some sores on his nose we figured was probably cancer, making it hard to him to breathe.  I know Jason had thought ahead in his mind to do it while I was gone to make it easier for me.  The kids are doing fine, which I'm thankful.  I'm sad about it (crying as I type), but I'm doing well.  He's been around a LONG time, we got him around our 1 year anniversary, so he's been apart of our lives for most of our time together.  He was over 100 pounds at points, and was always a gentle gentle dog.  I never thought I would like a big dog, and he was just a gentle giant.  Jason coerced me all those years ago just to go "look at the golden retriever puppies".  Those cuties are hard to look at and not pick one out for yourself!  We picked out the biggest one we nicknamed, Goliath, and he has been with us ever since.  He has been a great companion all these years and he will be missed!

We just moved (read about that in another post!) 2 months ago onto some acreage, so it's been really nice for me to think he was out here without a tie out and could just roam the property and be free his last couple months.  He did love to be outside here with us and followed us around the yard as we worked.    So long Griffey...you were the best!!
Ruthie drew this pic of her walking Griff...I think I may always tear up looking at it...

Comments

Popular Posts