Our trip to 'Zona

 April never seems to disappoint when we head to Arizona for Spring Break.  This year, my parents were wintering there, so we hadn't seen them since January.  It was great to be in the warm weather and enjoy the sunshine.
 On the kids' agenda....swim, swim swim!  I'm amazed at how much better at swimming the kids get in just one week.  Both were swimming underwater with goggles, retrieving dive toys and doing front and back somersaults in the water by the end of the week.  Reagan and I would often head down to the deep end where she would jump of the edge endlessly trying to touch the bottom!!
 We just went for a day trip up to the Roosevelt Dam and Tortilla Flats this year.  We last took this drive in '05 when I was pregnant with Reagan.  The reason I remember this so vividly is because we were in the car for a LONG time and I had a sudden hankering for Taco Bell.  I NEVER eat Taco Bell....never!!  So, this was unusual.  And, we were out in the middle of nowhere.  But, lo and behold, we turned a corner and there was a Taco Bell....so I got my taco....and that might be the last time I had Taco Bell!!
 Much to Jason's delight, we found this rattlesnake along the side of the road.  Thankfully, both Jason and my dad decided to stay in the car and take pics from there!!
 It is a 22 mile unpaved road up to the dam, but it is just beautiful! 


 This was the sleeping arrangement for the kiddos while we stayed there.  It's quite dim, but you get the idea.  They were so cute, just sleeping all in a row!!
 One of the days, my mom and I took the kids to the Ceretta Candy Company for a tour.  Behind the kids in the blue polo is Mr. Ceretta himself, who started the company. And that day happened to be his birthday....Reagan guessed he was 85 (which he looked more like 70), and he was 84!!  Amazing that he's still working the floor.  On this conveyer are vanilla wafers that they are about to drape with white chocolate and drizzle chocolate on top.  We got to taste them as well....yummy!!
We had a great time and were sad to have to head back to cold home!  We got an unexpected delay in Denver overnight, which was really the pits.  It was a miserable travel experience and one I hope I never have to repeat.  The kids were real troopers.....we had about 4-5 hours of sleep in a hotel and drug ourselves back to the airport to catch a 7:15 am flight back to an airport 2 1/2 hours away from home so we could rent a car and drive home.  Home was so sweet when we finally arrived!!

We are back in the swing of things and thankful for a great week in 'Zona!!

Comments

Popular Posts