It's been 10 years....

 Jason and I just celebrated 10 years of marriage!  I can hardly believe 10 years have gone by already!  Since we JUST got back from a week of vacation to Arizona, Jason surprised me with a weekend getaway to Chicago.    I know he wanted it to be more for 10 years, but it really was wonderful just to be away the 2 of us and to really talk and enjoy each other's company.  The destination was supposed to be a surprise, but unfortunately, I got the confirmation email for the hotel while we were on vacation.  I was still excited, and ready to go!!  When we arrived at our room, these beautiful flowers were waiting for me courtesy of Jason and the hotel gave us some yummy chocolate covered strawberries and waters for our anniversary!!

We stayed at the Conrad Hotel (Hilton), which was just wonderful, we valet parked the car and I just felt like a princess, totally spoiled!  Saturday we spent the day shopping up Michigan Avenue, which was such a rare treat for me to shop without little loves running all about.  For dinner, we ate at a Brazilian Steakhouse, which was on both of our wishlists for restaurants.  To say we were stuffed afterwards is an understatement.  I was so full I couldn't have dessert, and even after walking around a bit, resting in our room for an hour, I couldn't bring myself to get up and go get dessert.  We were THAT full!!

Sunday morning, we went to  a local bakery, called Firecakes and got a donut for breakfast.  This yumminess tasted even better than it looks.  It has nutella filling.....oh my yummy!!
I did miss the kids and was happy to be home Sunday mid-afternoon.  My sister-in-law Liz stayed with them and they did great!  This was the 1st time Ruth had been away from us both overnight, so I know she was asking for us quite a bit.  There were lots of  hugs to go around when we returned, and our gifts from the Lego store got some rave reviews as well! 

I'm so thankful for Jason and for a wonderful wonderful 10 years together.  I look forward to many  many more!!!  And now.....for reality, the laundry is calling!!

Comments

Popular Posts