Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there reading my blog!  I hope you have a wonderful day, whether it be pampering yourself, spending time with your own kids, mom or grandmas.  I especially want to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom, Jason's mom and Jason's grandma.  We are so thankful for each of your lives!  To my own mom, I'm especially thankful today....and I've been thinking about one of the best gifts you gave me, and that's to be a great hostess.  Any of you who know my mother know she is a great hostess.  She makes great meals...no one leaves hungry at our home!  I, too, love to host friends and family and have people together. 

This is my mom's first Mother's Day without her mom, my grandma Knox.  After my grandma died in December, I took a bunch of her jewelry, hoping I could make a jewelry tree with her pieces.  My sister in law so graciously took on the task for me and made this BEAUTIFUL jewelry tree for my mom for Mother's Day.  In it are many pins and pieces that bring back great memories....from church, the hospital guild, her trip to Egypt, my mom and grandma's trip to England together....I could go on and on.  It is such a great momento from a wonderful lady that we are missing this Mother's Day.
(We actually gave it to her last night, since I wasn't sure she would head back home before they left town...and I have a hard time waiting on surprises!!  She loved it...)

Enjoy this great day to remember what a blessing every Mother is to her children.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.  Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.  Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.              Proverbs 31:28-30

Comments

Popular Posts