Our little Baby Ruth is here!

Well, a May birthday was just not to be for our little Ruth Esther....she arrived early June 1st, at 4:11 a.m. 8 lbs. 11 oz 21 in. long, and beautiful!! 3 days overdue, but perfect in every way!
I was in early labor for a couple days over the Memorial Day weekend. I convinced my parents to trek up here early Monday morning, hoping she would make an arrival shortly. Things progressed on Sunday evening and we headed for the hospital around 10 p.m. Things went slowly at first, and my dr. even checked me, then went in for a c-section...planning on coming back to break my water to help move things along. Little Ruth had different ideas, and my water broke while she was gone and before I knew it, I was in some intense pain....to which I responded to Jason and my nurse "whose idea was this to do this without medication???". To which Jason responded...."yours". duh! A few really rough contractions and I started feeling intense pressure...my nurse checked me and was soon pushing the nurse button to get ANY doctor in the room to help deliver this baby. They were not very speedy, which took another frantic call for a dr. and any available nurses. So, we had some excitement and Ruth Esther made her glorious appearance in just a few pushes (it still hurt by the way).
I'm feeling really good, and since I delivered so early on that Tuesday a.m. I came home Wednesday afternoon. I just wanted to be with all my kids and sleep in my own bed. And frankly, who gets restful sleep in the hospital with everyone coming in all night long with blood pressure, temp, checks, baby checks, etc. Last night was our first night here and she did great. I fed her at 10, 1, 4 and 7, she was like clockwork and slept well in between. She is a sweetie! She is sharing a room with Reagan for now until we move, which Reagan absolutely LOVES! The kids are both doing really well with her, and I'm SO SO thankful that my parents are here to help shoulder the load while I get back on my feet.



We are in love, of course and enjoying our newest family member! Welcome Ruth Esther Hall! She is named after Jason's grandma Ruth and yes, we did take Baby Ruth candy bars to the hospital...she is sweet as sugar!
I'm sure I'll have more to share later, I just wanted to get up a few pics for those of you that are itching to see her.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations to all 5 of you. She is absolutely adorable and you look great too, Jaime. Can't believe you are already home and blogging. What a woman you are! Thanks for the early pics. Love ya, Linda S.
The Waltons said…
Congratulations Jaime! I've been checking the blog every day to see if/when baby made her appearance. She is lovely and I'm sure Reagan and Bryce are in heaven. Blessings to you and the whole family as you adjust and then move...whew! -Mooie

Popular Posts