Baby Ruth....her first week

We've had a good first week here with Baby Ruth. She had her dr's appt this afternoon and she's already 9 lbs. 2 oz, so already regained that birthweight of 8'11" and more! (Dr's look for them to regain their birthweight by 2 weeks of age!). She is getting into a good routine at night, and last night was only up ONE TIME! Woohoo! Sleep is so blessed when they are little.

My parents left Monday around noon, and boy, we were all sad to see them go. Me and my hormones, of course brought tears, but we truly enjoyed their visit...and their help...I could go on and on. What a blessing to us!

Today was my first day at home alone with them and we did rather well, I thought. I managed to stay on top of the dishes, did a load of laundry, everyone was dressed and fed IN THE MORNING...and we even managed a trip out to Target and the doctor. I even got my warm fuzzy of the day at Target. A clerk at the store was talking with Reagan, and Reagan told her she had a new baby sister. When Reagan said she was "0", the clerk looked at me and said "oh, in your mom's belly still...", to which I pointed to the carseat, and stated, "no, she's a week old", and then she looked at me and said "oh, you still look pregnant". Thank you very much!!!
Here is Baby Ruth with her namesake, Great Grandma Ruth. She was so happy to meet her over the weekend.


No good family pic yet, but we did manage this one of me and the kids. Kinda hard to believe I have 3 kids now!! Each of them so very special.
Well, I have a babe to feed, but wanted to update with some additional pics of our first week home.

Comments

Popular Posts