An overnight rendezvous with my "chick magnet"

It was a midweek date for me...complete with limo ride and schnazzy (yes, that's a word, it's MY blog!) hotel stay for me and my cute companion. A wonderful friend from church stayed with the kiddos, and off I went to meet up with my date. We had an hour long limo ride to a yummy steakhouse, where I feasted on lobster tail and vanilla bean cheesecake. Complete with an overnight with this gentleman friend!!!

Of course, it was with my wonderful hubby! He won a dinner through work and I originally didn't think I would be able to swing a trip down to take the dinner with him (2 1/2 hours away). But a friend said yes to my offer of the kids, and off I went. We did ride in the limo with his secretary and did have dinner with 15 other people, and did stay in a clean, local motel that Jason frequents on his out of town business, but it was awesome regardless! It's nice to get dressed up and eat a meal without cutting anyone else's food, wiping someone's nose, making MANY bathroom trips, packing a carful for an overnight, etc. I wouldn't trade in my motherhood for anything...but just so you know, that night was refreshing!!

Comments

aimeeson99 said…
Good for you! I couldn't agree more about how nice the break is every now and again. Isn't it downright relaxing not to get someone else's food ready first and wonder how often you'll get to visit the restroom that night?

Popular Posts