My SWC and a tooth!

What in the world is SWC, I know you're asking.....

no, it's not
Single White Chainsmoker
Silly White Crayon (How DO you explain to a 3 yr old that the white crayon is not "broken")
ugh, I'm too tired to think up anything else, it obviously stands for

STRONG-WILLED CHILD

Hello! Where did my sweet cherub faced little girl go? I didn't order one of these!!! I always look at Bryce and think, "He doesn't tell me no, he doesn't talk back, he doesn't throw the most monstrous fits at the grocery store or any public place for that matter." The answer is Give him time, he's not old enough yet, right? Oh my!!

Let me just preface this by saying how much I love Reagan Joy. She is a sweet little girl, but boy, does she have her moments. And of course, they happen out in general view where I'm trying to hold back my fuming flesh and try not to see all the glares at my misbehaving child. NOTE TO SELF: I will NEVER EVER again give a nasty glare to someone as their child flips their lid in public. I will go up and comfort this poor mother with a "I've been there sister!".

Never let anyone tell you about the terrible 2's, because the 3's afterwards are SO much more difficult. The other day I told Reagan that I WILL WIN, which caused crying and "but, I want to win". That just sums it up folks. The battle of the stubborn wills. Oh my precious precious girl.

Onto better news:
Bryce has a tooth! Yeehah! We noticed he was a little extra fussy towards the end of our time with my parents, but I shook it off as being off schedule, no consistent naps, and being held all the time. Low and behold, he has little white nubs coming through on the bottom. Reagan waited until 10 1/2 months to sport her first tooth, so I really wasn't looking for one. I love how teeth become such excitement when you're parents. What a different world.

I'm off to see if my SWC indeed settled down for a nap. This is another fun benefit of SWC....I can't MAKE her nap, so of course she won't if she can possibly keep herself awake for 3 hours in her room. Oh my! And the potty training....don't even get me started. I have not found the magic ticket that will entice this child to use the potty. Jason even told her last night that Bryce will be wearing underwear before her! HA!

Jaime



Comments

aimeeson99 said…
I'm with ya on that one! I think the 2's were nothing compared to 3!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing your trials with raising children, especially the SWC one. Have faith and patience, Jaime--this too shall pass. Just think, in 10 years she will be 13 and you will wish she was 3 again! They both are precious little ones; you are blessed. Linda Swinter

Popular Posts