Fun with family and friends

This week took us back to my hometown to enjoy the county fair with my parents. Hold on tight here for TONS of great pics of what we've been up to this week.....
Bryce....what a good baby he is...he just went along for the ride all week. Sleeping where necessary, being as content as ever. He started crawling at my parents house. I can't believe it! The doctor told me it was early when I told her he was getting up on his knees, that 8-9 months was normal for crawling. He's not up on all 4's, but he can scoot and roll anywhere in the room now. You can't leave him alone any longer!
My best friend from high school's little boy Logan and Reagan out at the Speedway, another fun adventure for Reagan. We even had box seats!
Going to visit Great-Grandma while we were home. She loved showing us off to all her friends. We came for dinner later in the week and it was a little stressful to have my 3 year old eating at a table with 3 forks, breakable plates, GOBLETS for water, and cloth napkins. She did very well, but she is 3 after all and everything she touches here is PLASTIC!
Going for a ride with grandpa on the riding mower...another first for her!
And now for the county fair pics! I was so excited to put her on the rides this year, and she couldn't stop talking about riding the ferris wheel (I think Dora must have in one of her episodes!). She did great!
Riding the horsies! She acted like it was old hat this year.

This is my college roommate....I have not seen her for 5 1/2 years, since her wedding day. We both obviously have been busy multiplying since then. She lives in Texas and her parents live in the same area as my parents, so the rondezvous was awesome! I loved getting to see her and meet her kids...we have kids!! Her little girl is 6 days older than Reagan and her little boy is 2 months old. She always jokes that we are living parallel lives!
I was so proud of Reagan this day when we met my friend. At lunch, when they offered her a balloon, she took it right over and gave it to my friend's daughter, Haley, without any prompting. We have been talking about how the Bible tells us to consider others before ourselves...which is HARD when you're 3. Then, later when Haley's balloon popped, I asked Reagan if she would give her balloon to Haley, since they are all over the fair. Without hesitation she ran over and gave it to a crying Haley. This momma was SO SO proud of Reagan Joy.



Oh my goodness, we had such a blast this week. Parenthood changes you so much; I just LOVE seeing my little girl having fun and happy. She was so good all week, we had long days, no naps, late bedtimes and away from home. We spent the first 5 nights without daddy, so we were glad when he showed up Friday! Daddy capped off our great weekend with the demolition derby and now we are home and back to normal. Hope you enjoy all our great pics!

Comments

Happi said…
Hi Jaime!

Looks like it was a wonderful week. I'm so glad you had an enjoyable time.

I'm grateful for the blogs so we can keep up with one another, aren't you?

Love and hugs,
Happi

Popular Posts