Welcome Little Baby!!!

Our family welcomed Bryce Jon Hall on Tuesday, January 22 at 10:07 a.m. He weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. 8 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. He was 40 wks., 1 day, but perfectly baked!!
I went into labor after 2 a.m. on Tuesday morning, and we headed for the hospital around 7:30 a.m. in quite the snowstorm, doubling our trip downtown. I delivered him within 2 hrs of arrival (compared to 12 hrs after arriving with Reagan). Much to my disappointment, I missed the window for my epidural and delivered this mighty bundle au natural!!! Definetly not in the birth plan!!! Jason was the supreme coach and encourager, I know I couldn't have done it without him...it was quite an intense experience!!

He has lots of dark hair, and the eye color is still questionable...not sure if he will be blue eyed like me and Reagan, or brown like Jason. One thing is for sure, he is a BIG boy...and I'm glad I didn't buy a newborn outfit to go home from the hospital in...he fit the 0-3 outfit just fine!



I came home from the hospital Thursday morning, and I'm so thankful my mom is here to help out. I have visions of me never showering, laundry piled, and dishes everywhere...and oh yes, where is Reagan? We are adjusting well, though, and thankful for a healthy little guy. He is nursing well and I'm feeling good. I seem to be having an easier recovery compared with Reagan, so I'm thankful for that. I'm trying not to overdo things and take it easy, especially while I have help at home.
Our first family pic! Reagan is doing so well with the baby. She has asked to hold him and seems very concerned when he cries. I am proud of the way she has welcomed him home. She's going to be a great big sis!
Well, that's all for now. I had quite the time getting down here to update, so I'll try to post more pics as we take them. We are treasuring this special time as a new family of 4!!
Blessings,
Jaime





Comments

Happi said…
Jaime!!!!! Congratulations, girl! He is beautiful...perfect! I am praying your recovery is smooth and that you enjoy every minute with your new family of four. Wish I was there to bring you a meal...but watch your mail because there's something on the way.
Again, congrats. (and way to go on the natural thing. I know it's not easy, but YOU DID IT! And yes, intense hardly comes close to describing it!)
Love you,
Hap
Unknown said…
Congratulations, Jaime - what a handsome little one :) I love the name Bryce -- very nice choice! I'm glad that my addiction to your blog can start to slow down a bit ... but then again, I'm going to want to see this little one grow, just like his sister! I am so happy for you all.

With love,
Lizzie
aimeeson99 said…
Congratulations!!! He is a cutie, but I pity you for his size. You poor thing! I am glad that he arrived happy and healthy. Enjoy your newly expanded family. It's busy but so worth it.
Love, Aimee
The Waltons said…
Infinite blessings to your new family, Jaime! Bryce is precious, and I wish him a happy, healthy babyhood -with joy bestowed on all who see him! Way to go James! (When you are ready to blog regularly, remember: I'm here to vent with and support all those sleepless, showerless times. Joy and exhasperation times/not enough poop and too much pee times/big sister vs. little brother times/what's he spitting up NOW times/picture-a-week with Reagan vs. picture a month with Bryce times...) Okay the list goes on. Love you Jaime, congratulations to a great mommy!

Popular Posts