Reagan is 17...and our family reunion


Reagan is 17!!!  How can it be??!!  I'm so thankful for her, and that the teenage years have been a great blessing to me.  She is a wonderful friend, sister, and daughter.  She loves to be with her family, loves a good book, and loves to laugh at funny videos.  I have a hard time imagining her off to school somewhere in a year...I'm so excited for her, but I understand I'm entering the year of lasts with her.  It has just gone SO FAST!!  She is such a beautiful beautiful girl!

We spent her birthday this year in Illinois with my family. We started off our little mini-trip with a stop at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago and enjoyed a great day there visiting the exhibits, before a drive out to my parents.  

On Reagan's birthday, we had dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse, which most of the kids have never experienced before.  It was a great treat for us all, and fun for my entire family to be together to celebrate. When Reagan heard another table singing over someone else's birthday she begged us not to tell them it was her birthday.  We instead had malts back at the house (strawberry for her) from Grandma Ruth's malt maker!!



Bryce has ALMOST eclipsed my dad in height...he is very very close!!  Probably next visit!!
Reagan was excited to receive Lululemon leggings for her birthday (on her wishlist, but she really didn't think she was getting them...) and a Carharrt backpack purse.  She's a fun one to shop for!!

We spent Friday and Saturday of our trip with an extended family reunion.  I grew up very close to two of my cousins, we spent birthdays, vacations, lots and lots of time together.  Now those two cousins both have 2 kids each...and my youngest cousin (18 years my junior) has 2 of his own as well!  We were missing a few people, but it was SO good, nostalgic and sentimental for us all to be together and catch up on each other's lives.  My Aunt Jan just did a tremendous job putting it all together and I'm so thankful for everyone who took the time (and $) to be there.  In this pic we have California, Colorado, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan represented!!


 

Comments

Popular Posts