Amazing vacay!!

 As this year has gone on, and colder weather and sunless days came upon us...Jason just kept remarking on how he really wanted to get away.  For the first time EVER in our married life, I booked plane tickets without talking to him first.  I knew the receipt for the tickets would go right to his email, and he is working from home.  I sat out at the kitchen table, and waited for him to emerge and say "Well, I guess we're going to Miami!".  Yep, I did it...I used up some additional flight credits we had with Southwest and booked us on a week's vacation to Miami and the Florida Keys.  We left Christmas Day at 4 pm and returned New Years Day in the afternoon and had a FABULOUS time!  Even that night after I booked the tickets, Jason was so excited to have somewhere to go!  Now stay tuned for me to flood you with pics!!

We arrived late into Miami Christmas night and stayed in Homestead, on the way to the Keys.  Woke up Dec. 26th and headed for the keys!  Had lunch outside at a yummy restaurant on the way to Key West!  

Enjoyed Lobster Benedict for breakfast one morning.  It was good, but not $41 good...(that's what I get for ordering something at market price and not checking first!).  



Bryce's HUGE calzone, which he obviously finished!!

Reagan and Jason enjoyed Key Lime pie twice while we were in the keys.






There are chickens roaming all over the island, so this was a happy funny joke the entire time we were there.  Ruthie and Reagan both got shirts from the Happy Rooster to remember!!






I've seen this pic many times in people's feeds, and in my mind, it's at the end of a long inlet...it's really just at the end of a random street in Key West, and you wait in line to get your pic taken here.  So funny!!



Comments

Popular Posts